Theatrical Sales Manager, MUBI Releases, US
Reporting to: Director of Distribution, US
MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming, distribution, and production company curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a dedicated theatrical sales professional to join our team in New York.
As the Manager of Sales, you will work closely with the Director of Distribution and US Distribution team on MUBI’s slate of all-rights releases in the US, crafting and implementing dynamic release strategies for our slate of new films in the ever-evolving theatrical space, including Park Chan-wook’s Decision to Leave.
- Manage theatrical sales for US new releases to arthouses, chains, museums, and independent cinemas around North America in collaboration with Director of Distribution
- Assist Director of Distribution to determine release timing and film festival strategy in the US and Canada
- Communicate daily with film buyers and programmers, negotiate rental fees, oversee creation and distribution of invoices and revenue collections with the finance department
- Oversee print traffic with Distribution Coordinator
- Collaborate with marketing and distribution teams on positioning to maximize theatrical potential in the marketplace
- Work closely with distribution team on exhibitor relations, particularly with an eye toward fostering MUBI GO partnerships
Who You Are
- Passionate about quality cinema, from classics to new releases
- Highly organized and personable, with a proven sales track record
- Capable of managing competing deadlines
- A keen project manager who can take ownership of working processes and find ways to improve them
- Knowledgeable and excited about both the theatrical and digital landscapes
- Diligent and obsessed with the details
- Dedicated to making every release the best it can be
- 5+ years experience in theatrical film sales
- Additional languages are a bonus
Salary: Dependent on experience.