MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor reaching a community of 12 million film lovers around the globe and rapidly growing. MUBI shows a curated selection of independent, international and classic films. Every film we show is individually selected and presented by our film experts; every film is one that we truly believe in.
Central to our global reach is our subtitling effort, which sees us fully localised in seven languages and counting. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead our subtitling team, overseeing all subtitling efforts on the platform and beyond, from multi-language translation to theatrical caption creation. As a manager of this team, you would be central to bringing the best viewing experience to our subscribers all around the globe.
- Managing all localisation tasks including SDH and subtitle origination, translation, and QC.
- Working with our distribution team preparing SDH and Full English subtitles for DCPs and theatrical releases.
- Timely acquiring, retiming, appending, and converting of subtitles and closed captions from our partners in a number of formats (.srt, .itt, .xml, .scc, dialogue lists etc).
- Overseeing and periodically reviewing the MUBI house-style, ensuring consistency over all created subtitles and adherence to industry standards.
- Thorough quality control, ensuring this is being respected by all members of the team throughout the process chain.
Our ideal candidate:
You have an excellent command of the English language and have demonstrable experience utilising a number of advanced tools (such as Wincaps, EZTitles, Subtitle Edit) working with subtitles and captions in many contexts - VOD, theatrical, broadcast etc. You have an empathy of ear and sensitivity to the unique requirements of a particular subtitle and how it translates the audio content of a film. You have experience managing a team of subtitlers or translators, aligning work activities to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a keen attention to detail. Creative problem solving and lateral thinking have been well-embedded into your workflows for a long time and you don’t shy away from difficult solutions to seemingly-impossible problems.
Ideally you would also be:
- A proactive team player with a can-do attitude.
- A quick and autodidact learner and can adapt to any technical challenge thrown at you.
- Able to work independently towards deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis.
- Organised, punctual and patient.
- Fluent or proficient in another language.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
This position is located at our office in London but there is also the option to work remotely. Salary is dependent on experience.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you!
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com to apply.