MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in Berlin to lead our content strategy in Germany. Working closely with our content and marketing teams, you would be central to bringing the best curation experience to our members in Germany.
Our Senior Programming Manager, Germany will report to the Senior Director of Programming and be responsible for:
- Design MUBI’s Programming vision in Germany in alignment with key metrics and growth objectives
- Create yearly and monthly curation strategies and documentation to be shared cross-departmentally
- Curate and build the quarterly and monthly local schedules
- Assess scouted and submitted films for suitability for German programming
- Compose editorial to introduce and contextualise programming for German subscribers
- Create and maintain relationships with local talent, festivals, content providers
- Ensure content is presented optimally, adhering to MUBI curatorial values and core objectives
- Organise and maintain the local inventory, gauging programming possibilities and activating local licensing initiatives
- Work with analytics team to extract data and understand customer viewing behaviour to inform curation, valuations, and investment decisions
- Report on the programme’s performance, as well as regularly share insights around engagement on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Oversee content offering across third-party platforms
- Conduct research as needed and general tracking of industry players, overall deals, trends, and the competitive landscape
Our ideal candidate
The Senior Programming Manager, Germany needs to be passionate about great cinema, with a good understanding of the arthouse and independent film market and the digital distribution landscape with at least 7 years of experience in the film industry. Familiarity with local distributors and strong cinema knowledge—domestic and international, past and present—is required. Experience in analytics and audience-facing business are a plus. Excellent communication skills are essential in order to coordinate between teams, contribute to content-related partnerships, and contextualise programming efforts, as well as to match MUBI’s high-standard relationships with external partners and occasional public speaking opportunities. An attitude that combines a data-driven approach with thinking creatively outside the box is encouraged. The Senior Programming Manager position will constantly require challenging and questioning assumptions.
You would also:
- Be able to multitask and juggle simultaneous projects of various scales and priority
- Have impeccable attention to detail and strong diligence
- Have the company’s prime interests at heart while understanding our partners’ needs and strategies.
- Work under tight deadlines through multiple channels of communication
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organised, punctual, and patient
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.