Based: Soho, London
Contract: Full Time
MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor showing a hand-picked selection of films. We are a passionate team united by our love of cinema and our belief in its power to bring people together, offer new perspectives, and in some cases — even change the world. We are seeking a graphic designer with a passion for film who can work across disciplines including print, digital and video. As a full-time member of MUBI’s London design team you will be working directly with our Creative Director Pablo Martín.
The candidate must have a contemporary design aesthetic, proven conceptual and executional abilities, and a track record in conceptualizing and designing compelling experiences across digital, mobile, print and video.
Developing creative solutions to promote our curated film programming, including:
- Film posters for theatrical and multi-territory/global digital releases;
- Social media assets;
- Print and digital ads (banners, rich media);
- Collaborate with editors on video (typography/design for trailers)
- Maintain brand guidelines across all channels
Film Festivals and Partnerships
- Creating unique visual identities for partnerships across various industries including art, fashion, luxury, music and film;
- Invitation design (print and digital);
- Promotional materials and merchandise.
- Exploring new ideas for MUBI’s visual brand identity;
- Ads for print and digital (static and moving image);
- Confident in typography and branding;
- Strong ability to visualize layouts/ideas, skillful art direction;
- Impeccable attention to detail, thoroughness, thinking outside the box, innovative;
- A team player. Comfortable working independently and collaborating with others;
- Motion graphics experience optional;
- Project management and organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple tasks;
- Comfortable with trying different approaches for different projects;
- Self-initiate ideas and proactively contribute to briefs;
- An ability to intelligently execute and evolve brand guidelines.
Knowledge & Technical
- Formal design education with at least 5 years professional experience;
- Good understanding and experience of graphics production techniques, including image manipulation, editing and compositing in all media;
- Motion Graphics required skill
- Professional level: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- Intermediate level: Premiere Pro, After Effects.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Please send a PDF of your work/your web address, along with your cover letter, CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘APPLICATION: SENIOR DESIGNER APPLICATION’.