MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in Latin America to lead our regional content strategy. Working closely with our global content team, you would be central to bringing the best curation experience to our members in the region.
Our Regional Programming Director will report to the International Director of Content and be responsible for:
- Initiating and leading the long term curation strategy, while managing the required documentation to be regularly shared with Marketing, Communications and Design teams
- Creating and maintaining relationships with local talents, festivals, content providers
- Content evaluation, organization of content inventory in our Content Management System
- Work with the analytics team to understand customer viewing and behavior data to inform strategic decision
- Ensure content including its editorial metadata is packaged while adhering to technical and regulatory standards
- Conducting research as needed and maintaining general tracking of industry players, trends and the competitive landscape
- Lead and grow the local scheduling and programming team
Our ideal candidate
The Regional Programming Director needs to be passionate about great cinema, with a good understanding of the arthouse and independent film market and the digital distribution landscape with at least 5 years of experience in the film industry. Familiarity with local distributors and strong cinema knowledge—domestic and international, past and present—is required. Experience in analytics and audience facing business are a plus. Excellent communication skills are essential in order to coordinate between our London and New York offices, our content and marketing teams, but also to match MUBI’s high-standard relationships with external partners.
You would also:
- Be able to multitask and juggle simultaneous projects of various scales and emergency
- Have impeccable attention to detail and strong diligence
- Have the company’s prime interests at heart while understanding our partners needs and strategies.
- Work under tight deadlines through multiple channels of communication
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organized, punctual, and patient
Salary: Dependent on experience.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com to apply.