MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in our London or New York office to work on our English-language online film publication, Notebook. Working closely with our Editor-in-Chief, you would be central to bringing the best editorial content to our subscribers and extended readership.
- Managing Notebook’s daily editorial workflow, ensuring deadlines are met
- Editing texts for daily publication from an international roster of contributors
- Conceiving and overseeing new editorial initiatives
- Scout for and nurture new writing talent
- Monitor analytics to evaluate readership growth
- Collaborate with Content and Marketing teams to support MUBI programming
- Allocate monthly budget with Editor-in-Chief
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Notebook Editorial Manager needs to be passionate about movies, with a rich and varied knowledge of the contemporary, as well as historical, film landscape and familiarity with contemporary English-language film criticism. They need to have at least three years of experience in an editing role at a cultural publication. A desire to explore the magic of cinema in new ways and open the art up to new audiences is essential.
You would also be:
- An advocate for all kinds of cinema
- An excellent writer
- An excellent representative of MUBI’s values at public events
- Able to multitask and juggle projects of various scales simultaneously
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Work under tight deadlines
- A good communicator in order to coordinate between our London and New York offices, and between our Content and Marketing teams
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organized, punctual, and patient
Salary: Dependent on experience.