MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in London. Working closely with both Encoding and Distribution teams, you would be the central person responsible for receiving, storage and encoding of all materials for our MUBI releases slate.
Our MUBI releases video encoding specialist will be reporting to the Director of Encoding and be responsible for:
- Timely reception of source media from our distributors and the inventory-keeping of such material.
- Encoding of videos to different codecs and specifications for various press screeners, screening events and exhibition platforms.
- Acquiring, retiming, converting and coordinating the translation of subtitles and closed captions with the Localisation team.
- Simple video editing and audio channel remapping.
- Be the main point of contact for the Distribution team in any technical enquiries they have related to MUBI releases.
- Thorough quality control and time management to meet release date deadlines.
Our ideal candidate
You have solid experience with handling all sorts of digital media, understand the difference between a codec and a container, and have done extensive video encoding in either a professional or personal capacity. You can rattle off a long list of software tools that you think might be useful to continuously improve your own workflow and you stay on top of market innovations. You are familiar with the technical demands of a film release from DCP QCing to subtitle syncing. Above all else, you are a quick and autodidact learner and can adapt to any technical challenge thrown at you.
You would also be:
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Impeccable in your attention to detail
- Organised, punctual and patient
This position is located at our head office in London. If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please note: all applicants will be required to prove their right to work in the UK.