MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in London. Working in our Content Materials Ingestion team, you would be one of the people responsible for receiving, storing and encoding materials for the MUBI platform.
Our Video Encoding Specialist will be reporting to the Director of Encoding and be responsible for:
- Timely reception of source media from our distributors and the inventory-keeping of such material.
- Encoding of films using our encoder app to a mezzanine profile and impeccable QC of such files once encoded.
- Simple video editing and audio channel remapping.
- Providing video assets to other areas of the company whether required for press screeners, trailer editing, marketing assets etc.
- Managing many deliveries simultaneously to meet all programming deadlines.
Our ideal candidate
You have solid experience with handling all sorts of digital media, understand the difference between a codec and a container, and have done extensive video encoding in either a professional or personal capacity. You can rattle off a long list of software tools that you think might be useful to continuously improve your own workflow and stay on top of market innovations. Above all else, you are a quick and autodidactic learner and can adapt to any technical challenge thrown at you.
You would also be:
- A team player with a can-do attitude.
- Impeccable in your attention to detail.
- Organised, punctual and patient.
- A film lover wih a passion for the type of cinema MUBI champions.