MUBI is a global streaming service, production company and film distributor. A new hand-picked film arrives on MUBI, every single day – cinema from across the world, from iconic directors, to emerging auteurs – all carefully chosen by MUBI’s curators. MUBI also produces and distributes ambitious new films, which members can watch exclusively on the platform. And with MUBI GO, members in select countries can get a hand-picked cinema ticket every single week, to see the best new films in real cinemas.
As the UK Marketing Manager you will be responsible for delivering the local marketing strategy and marketing efforts in the UK and Ireland, with the aim of building awareness for MUBI and growing our subscriber base. Working closely with MUBI's UK Senior Marketing Manager, you will plan and execute digital and traditional marketing campaigns, organise events with partners and local institutions, build our local social media strategy and collaborate with the Distribution team on marketing of MUBI Releases in UK and Ireland.
- Execute marketing strategy and priorities for the UK and Ireland, defining long-term goals for growth in collaboration with MUBI’s UK Senior Marketing Manager
- Develop ideas for new marketing activities and partnerships, both within the cinema world and beyond, to grow MUBI’s profile and subscriber base
- Lead on local organic social media strategy and influencer partnerships, working closely with the UK Marketing Coordinator on planning and execution
- Work closely with our in-house creative team to develop creative marketing campaigns
- Identify trends and dynamics in the local SVOD market, film industry, and the evolving digital landscape
- Develop marketing copy for website, email, and other comms
- Develop processes for reporting and analysis of local marketing activities and campaigns
- Coordinate with the global digital marketing team on digital paid acquisition campaigns
- Organise screenings and events in coordination with our global programming and/or distribution teams
- Collaborate with the UK programming team to support and promote content arriving to the platform in UK and Ireland
- Attend film festivals and other industry networking events
- Work closely with the Distribution team on MUBI GO
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5+ years of experience working for an entertainment, lifestyle or technology brand or creative agency
- Strong grasp of today’s streaming landscape dynamics in the UK and Ireland, as well as globally
- Well-connected across arts, media, entertainment and lifestyle industries
- Experience developing consumer-facing brand marketing strategies, and planning and executing campaigns, with particular knowledge/understanding of UK audiences
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with cross-functional counterparts
- Entrepreneurial attitude: highly self-motivated and autonomous, thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker with lots of ideas, and willingness to look past easy answers to find the best solution to any problem
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A confident and effective communicator
- Passionate about independent and arthouse film
- Confident managing a substantial budget and using resources efficiently and savvily
LOCATION: based in London
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your CV. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
PLEASE INCLUDE ‘MARKETING MANAGER UK’ IN THE SUBJECT LINE.