Marketing Manager / Senior Marketing Manager
Full Time, London
MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor showing a hand-picked selection of independent and international films. We are a passionate team, united by our love of cinema and our belief in its power to bring people together, offer new perspectives, and in some cases — even change the world. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual with a strong background in marketing and a passion for film to join our team in London. You will be an integral part of a dedicated team working to build awareness and fuel subscriber growth globally.
As Marketing Manager you will lead content marketing for films and series premiering on the MUBI platform across multiple territories, including global digital exclusives, director retrospectives and thematic specials. Alongside coordinating marketing campaigns for global content, this role will also focus on delivering local marketing strategy and activations for the UK/IE specifically.
- Execute marketing strategy and priorities for our campaigns and key titles
- Organise events with partners and cultural institutions
- Develop ideas for new marketing activities and partnerships, both within the cinema world and beyond, to grow MUBI’s profile and subscriber base
- Collaborate with the Programming team to support and promote content arriving on the platform
- Work closely with our in-house creative team to develop creative marketing materials for films and seasons
- Identify trends and dynamics in the local and global SVOD market, film industry, and the evolving digital landscape
- Write marketing copy for website, email, and other comms
- Develop processes for reporting and analysis of local marketing activities and campaigns
- Coordinate with the global digital marketing team on digital paid acquisition campaigns
- Organise screenings and events in coordination with our global programming and/or distribution teams
- Attend film festivals and other industry networking events
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5+ years of experience working for an entertainment, lifestyle or technology brand or creative agency
- Strong grasp of today’s streaming landscape dynamics in the UK and Ireland, as well as globally
- Well-connected across arts, media, entertainment and lifestyle industries
- Experience developing consumer-facing brand marketing strategies, and planning and executing campaigns, with particular knowledge/understanding of film audiences behaviour
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with cross-functional counterparts
- Entrepreneurial attitude: highly self-motivated and autonomous, thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker with lots of ideas, and willingness to look past easy answers to find the best solution to any problem
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A confident and effective communicator
- Passionate about independent and arthouse film
- Confident managing a substantial budget and using resources efficiently and savvily
- Desirable: Proficiency in another language
- Desirable: knowledge of the UK and Ireland beyond London
Salary: £30,000 – £50,000
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by emailing email@example.com
with a cover letter and your CV. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
PLEASE INCLUDE ‘MARKETING MANAGER - LONDON’ IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
MUBI pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We are learning faster than ever because we have more diverse perspectives. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make us and our company better.