As the Canada Marketing Manager you will be responsible for developing the local marketing strategy and leading all marketing efforts in Canada with the aim of building awareness for MUBI and growing our subscriber base. This includes planning and executing digital and traditional marketing campaigns, organizing events with partners and local institutions, building our local social media strategy, collaborating with the Distribution team on all marketing for MUBI Releases in Canada, and eventually managing a small team.
- Set marketing strategy and priorities for Canada, defining long term goals for growth in collaboration with MUBI’s ‘Director of Marketing, Americas’
- Develop ideas for new partnerships and marketing activities to grow MUBI’s profile and subscriber base
- Work closely with our in-house creative team to develop creative marketing campaigns
- Manage relationships with key contacts with partnerships and press
- Identify trends and dynamics in the local SVOD market, film industry, and the evolving digital landscape
- Develop marketing copy for website, email, and other comms
- Coordinate with the global digital marketing team on digital paid acquisition campaigns
- Organize screenings and events in coordination with our global programming and/or distribution teams
- Collaborate with the global programming team to support and promote content arriving to the platform in Canada
- Attend film festivals and other industry networking events
- Coordinate all press activity with the Canadian PR agency in collaboration with Global Director of Communications.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5-7 years of experience working for an entertainment, lifestyle or technology brand
- Strong grasp of today’s streaming landscape dynamics in Canada and globally
- Passionate about independent and arthouse film
- Experience developing consumer-facing brand marketing strategies, and planning and executing campaigns, with particular knowledge/understanding of Canadian audiences
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with cross-functional counterparts
- Entrepreneurial attitude: highly self-motivated and autonomous, thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker with lots of ideas, and willingness to look past easy answers to find the best solution to any problem
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A confident and effective communicator with strong writing/translating skills
- Confident managing a substantial budget and using resources efficiently and savvily
Salary: Dependent on experience.