Marketing Coordinator, CA
MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor reaching a community of 10MM film lovers around the globe and rapidly growing. MUBI shows a curated selection of independent, international and classic films. Every film we show is individually selected and presented by our film experts; every film is one that we truly believe in. We are united by our love of cinema and our belief in its power to bring people together, offer new perspectives, and in some cases — even change the world.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual with marketing experience and a passion for film to join our team in Canada. Applicants need to be based in Toronto. You will be an integral part of a small, dedicated team working to build awareness and fuel subscriber growth in Canada through partnerships, paid and organic social media, content-driven campaigns, and brand marketing.
- Assist with executing promotions aimed to maximize subscriber acquisition and increase brand exposure in Canada, including wide-reaching email campaigns, outreach activities, activations and/or events
- Support the Marketing Manager with planning, execution, and management of a range of partnerships including film institutions, festivals, arts organizations, and supported devices/platforms
- Manage Canada specific social media channels and support global digital team with social management and community interaction; learn and adapt the identity and social voice of MUBI
- Assist in trafficking of high-performing assets for paid media campaigns and coordinate asset delivery across various Canadian partner relationships
- Support local programming through designated initiatives aimed to promote and elevate MUBI’s curation and content
- Analyze and evaluate activities to determine impact, applying actionable insights to continuously improve reach, engagement, and overall effectiveness
Who you are:
- Strong passion for cinema beyond the multiplex
- Fast-learner who is eager to dive into tasks and thrives in a fast-paced culture
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Self-motivated creative-thinker willing to look beyond easy answers to find the best solution to any problem
- Ability to multi-task and comfortable working in an unstructured environment
- A team player with a can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial mindset
- A confident and effective communicator with strong writing skills
- 2-4 years of related experience in marketing, media, or entertainment
- Well-versed in social media; up-to-date on trends in the digital landscape
- Knowledge of the film industry landscape, including competitors and key publications
- Photoshop and basic video editing skills (ideally experience with Adobe Premiere)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Ability to speak French is a strong asset
Salary: Dependent on experience.