MUBI is seeking a mid-level front end engineer to join our team full-time at our London office.
MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor reaching a community of 8 million film lovers around the world. MUBI shows a curated selection of independent, international and classic films. MUBI is available on Browsers, iOS, TVOS, Android, Roku, Samsung, Fire TV and several TV brands and set top boxes.
We are now streaming in over 190 countries. We’re a quick moving, and fast growing company – with over 80 people across offices in London, New York and Kuala Lumpur. This means that new, exciting opportunities arise often.
From a development perspective, the majority of front end development happens in our front end app, built using the Next.js framework, with React, Redux, against a REST API, tested with Jest and Cypress, and managed with Lerna. Some of the front end lives in our Ruby on Rails project, which we are migrating from.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- An understanding and liking of functional programming, and how it applies to React.
- To be someone who likes to keep on top of the latest developments in web technologies.
- HTML, CSS, and CSS in JS (We currently use Emotion). Also some understanding of CSS pre-processors such as LESS and SASS.
- An understanding of Ajax, JSON and RESTful web services.
- Experience of unit and integration testing. Preferably using Jest and Cypress.
- Versioning tools, in particular, Git.
- Some awareness of web performance and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Layout aesthetics, responsive design and mobile web development.
- Fluent English & excellent communication skills (written and oral).
YOU WOULD ALSO BE:
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Positive & kind
- Impeccable in your attention to detail
- Organised, punctual and patient
- Strong written & verbal communication abilities
- Willingness to accept coaching and feedback
WHY YOU’D LIKE WORKING HERE
A small team with big ambitions
MUBI works in the same world as Netflix and Amazon, but as a much smaller company with a unique business model we are free to explore new approaches and ideas to how we can provide the most engaging and useful experience to our customers. Currently around 80 people, you’ll be joining a small, agile development team with the opportunity to make a real impact to the direction of development and the company as a whole.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you!
Apply with a cover letter and your CV here.