MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in New York or London. Working closely with our editorial team, you would be central to contributing to the voice of MUBI’s curatorial editorial.
- Writing concise, lively, and well-researched short texts that introduce MUBI’s film-of-the-day programming across its platforms internationally
- Conceiving, researching, and writing more extensive curatorial texts that contextualize film series, ranging from double features and thematic programmes to expansive retrospectives
- In conjunction with the programming team, working to conceptualize the perspectives and presentations of film programs
- Working closely with the editorial team to develop and maintain MUBI’s curatorial voice
- In conjunction with the Editorial Manager, ensuring texts are delivered consistently, that you are hitting regular deadlines, as well as maximizing the team’s writing quality and output.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Editorial Coordinator needs to be passionate about cinema, as well as a fluent English speaker and a fluid and engaging writer with at least three years’ experience writing about film and film-related subjects. A wide-ranging knowledge of film culture—contemporary and historical—and strong research skills are required. Familiarity with the film streaming landscape is a plus. Good organization and communication skills are essential in order to work with a global team across multiple departments. Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
YOU WILL ALSO
- Be able to write about diverse kinds of films from a wide array of countries, styles, and eras
- Be familiar with contemporary online film writing and conversation
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organized, punctual, and patient.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a team of passionate cinephiles excites you, then we want to hear from you!
Salary: Dependent on experience.