Data Engineer, Data Science Team, London
MUBI is a global streaming platform, studio and distributor reaching a community of 13 million film lovers around the world. MUBI shows a curated selection of independent, international and classic films and now streams in over 190 countries. Based primarily in London, the MUBI team now numbers +200 talented individuals working around the world in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Leveraging data & machine learning is critical to MUBI’s next phase of growth. From running product A/B tests to developing content recommendation algorithms. The MUBI Data Science team offer’s enormous breadth and opportunity to impact the business. We're a passionate newly formed Data & ML team with ambitions to tackle some of the most exciting problems in the streaming space.
As a Data Engineer at MUBI, you’ll be a fully fledged member of the Data Science team, with the backing of the wider engineering and product organisation. Your primary focus will be to own and develop the infrastructure that enables and streamlines both our product analytics and machine learning output. As this role reports into the Head Of Data Science, the successful candidate will also be expected to support the definition of our technical strategy. The role is particularly suited for an entrepreneurial individual who relishes working with large data sets in a fast moving environment.
- Develop and maintain scalable data and ml pipelines in the cloud.
- Own and optimise all ETL/ELT operations, minimising human maintenance and increasing time for innovation.
- Create and maintain clean data sets for effective product analytics and ml model development.
- Oversee and proactively optimise our data infrastructure costs.
- Be a valued engineering expert to our scientists and analysts. Collaborating to find ways of optimising our product analytics and ML workflows where appropriate.
- Devising and owning systems for monitoring the effective operation and running of data and ML pipelines. Including tracking model accuracy, and other relevant model statistics.
- Support strategic planning with the Head of Data Science and Product team leads.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- At least 2 years of professional experience working as a data, analytics or ML engineer (or equivalent). Writing production level code.
- Experience working to software engineering best practices.
- Experience working on a cloud based stack such as AWS or GCP.
- Strong SQL and Python
- Experience with modern AI/ML frameworks is desirable but not essential (e.g. TensorFlow or PyTorch).
- Experience working with both batch and real time ML pipelines is desirable.
WHY YOU’D LIKE WORKING HERE: A Growing Team With Big Ambitions
MUBI works in the same world as Netflix and Amazon, but is a fast moving scale up at an earlier stage in the journey. We are therefore free to explore new approaches and ideas to provide the most engaging and useful experience to our members. You’ll be joining a fast growing team with the opportunity to make a real impact on the direction of data & ML at MUBI as a whole. If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you!
Salary: Dependent on experience.