MUBI is seeking a mid-level Data Engineer to join our team full-time at our London office. As a data engineer, you will work with data analytics and data science teams to provide high-quality data to support product and business decisions.
MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor reaching a community of 8 million film lovers around the world. MUBI shows a curated selection of independent, international and classic films.
We are now streaming in over 190 countries. We’re a quick moving, and fast growing company – with over 80 people across offices in London, New York and Kuala Lumpur. This means that new, exciting opportunities arise often.
You'll join a growing team of experienced data engineering, analytics and data science professionals working on high-impact, varied and meaningful projects. There are many opportunities within the team to learn, grow and reach your full potential in a supportive and friendly environment.
- Formalising business and functional needs into robust, scalable operations that work well within the data architecture
- Maintaining and improving the ETL process
- Creating and maintaining high quality, efficient and clean data models for the data analysts and data scientists to use
- Helping us to scale our own data architecture and adhere to best practices in the tech industry
- Leading on long-term strategy and implementation of new tools and processes as we scale
WHAT DO I NEED?
- At least 2 years of professional experience working as a data engineer or similar
- Strong SQL
- Experience with PostgreSQL - MySQL DBs
- Experience with bash scripting
- Experience with rails and/or python is desirable
- Experience with MQs brokers (such as Kafka, Rabbit, Nsq, etc) is desirable
- Experience in the data warehouse space
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Hands on experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with programming languages e.g. python, rails
- Version control (github / gitlab)
- Has experience working with relational databases (Postgres)
- Exposure to standard software engineering practices
- Knows how the databases are arranged inside and how to optimise them
- Fluent English & excellent communication skills (written and oral).
YOU WOULD ALSO BE:
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Someone who has strong attention to detail
- Highly organised
- A good communicator
- Able to collaborate with others to find the right solution to a problem
- Someone who thinks critically and strives to make processes better
WHY YOU’D LIKE WORKING HERE
A small team with big ambitions
MUBI works in the same world as Netflix and Amazon, but as a much smaller company with a unique business model we are free to explore new approaches and ideas to how we can provide the most engaging and useful experience to our customers. Currently around 80 people, you’ll be joining a small, agile team with the opportunity to make a real impact on the direction of analytics at MUBI as a whole.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you!
Apply by emailing here
with a cover letter and your CV.